DISCLAIMER (Let's get this out of the way NOW): This is a blog of opinions (mine), observations (also mine) and ideas (you got it, mine!).

If for any reason you see, read or hallucinate something on this page that UPSETS, ENRAGES, DISGUSTS, or otherwise OFFENDS you, move your cursor (that's the little arrow looking thing that moves when you move your mouse) up to the Tool Bar of your Browser and click on "BACK". As in "Don't come BACK."

Names may or may not be changed to protect the ignorant, depending upon my mood at the time.

I am an adult and I use adult language. If this offends you, don't read my fucking blog.

I hold NO RESPONSIBILITY for any actions, thoughts, feelings or other real or imagined phenomenon which you feel, think or imagine to have occurred as a result of the content of this page.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Not That Anyone Drops By Anymore

I started this blog a little over 10 years ago mostly just for self-therapy of venting whatever was on my mind at the time. I never expected to get a following and I wasn't surprised that I didn't.

I just like having a place to vent and occasionally just tell a quick story of my mostly dull life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life. It's just not that interesting to anyone else.

I never posted too regularly and I'm sure that's why people didn't feel compelled to check-in regularly. And along came the whole Obama "thing" and many of my rants were politically motivated and even fewer paid any notice. But, it was still therapeutic for me and I continued at even sparser content for many years.

Well, Obama is gone and Hillary (the 2nd coming of Obama as far as I'm concerned) was thankfully  handed her walking papers. Even though Trump wasn't my choice in the Primaries he was obviously the only viable choice in the General election and the more I heard the more I liked him as a candidate. Of course the fucking liberals are insuring that every appointee or action he (or Congress) attempts is met with derision and resistance. I believe his heart and mind are indeed trying to MAGA but, the minority, supported by the MSM, are disrupting the process like petulant, spoiled 5year-olds.

Therefore, I am more and more becoming more disenfranchised by politics and being pulled to my formerly apathetic state of mind about it. In other words, what's going to happen will happen with or without my 2 cents being voiced and I have more personal matters to pay attention to. So, if and when I post here for the foreseeable future it will be non-political in nature.

I will still participate in elections and let my representatives hear my opinion on certain matters but, otherwise mostly disengage from the political climate in general. It just gets to be a drag watching the immovable force of opposition to actual forward progress in correcting all the damage done in the last 8+ years.

So, from now on I intend to refrain from political discourse here.

Until my next therapeutic release, SEE-ya!

3 comments:

Joe said...

You thoughts on politics mirror my own. They are going to do what they are going to do and the voters opinions does not matter my political postings have become fewer and it will likely take something that really ticks me off to get a rant going forward.

Just John said...

I still read your posts, occasionally, but, like you, I don't blog much myself, and I just don't get around to my favorite reads as much either.

Dan O. said...

Hey John, good to hear from you. I still have your blog on my feed reader awaiting your next post. I always liked hearing your point of view. Thanks for stopping in and commenting. Hope all is well! Semper fi.